Forgotten or losing password brings misery. If you’ve forgotten your Gmail account password, and if you want to know how to reset your Gmail account password, please follow the procedure below. There are 2 ways for you to reset your forgotten Gmail account password
Way 1 - Use gmail account if you forgot gmail password
If you’ve linked a backup email address, a registered phone number, or a security question to your Google Mail account, you can use one of the recovery options to reset your Google Mail account password.
- Launch your favorite web browsing app, and then visit the official Gmail SIGN IN page.
- On Sign in page, please enter your email address, and then click on Next button.
- On the next page, please find and click on Forgot password link.
- The next page will request you to enter your last password. Click on Try a different question link.
- Click on Try a different question link until you find the page that requests you to get a recovery email.
On that page, please click on Next button. Google will send an email message containing a one-time verification code to your backup email account. Log in to your backup Gmail account and click on the email message from Google.
Way 2 -Use an alternative email to access chrome / firefox if you forgot gmail password
If you’ve forgotten your Gmail account password, and if you’ve an alternate email, you can recover your forgotten password from Firefox or Chrome browser.
- First thing you need to do is launch Google Chrome web browser.
- Go to the top right corner, and then click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon.
- Click on Settings from the dropdown menu.
- On Settings page, scroll down to bottom, and then click on Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down to Passwords and forms. Click on Manage passwords link.
Accounts that you’ve automatically signed in with Google Chrome will appear. You can select your Gmail account. Click on Showbutton to recover your forgotten password.