Setting up hotmail in Outlook 2010 is not that tough. To the delight of users the process for doing that is pretty simple and involves a few easy to implement steps. The only thing that users need to do is to learn about the steps by scrolling through the write up.
Configuring hotmail or outlook account with Outlook 2010
- First of all, open Outlook 2010 and follow this route: File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select New, after following this route: E-Mail Accounts > E-mail
- In the next step, select E-mail Account in the Add new account
If users want to Add the new account to their supported version of Outlook 2010, then they must follow the steps below
- Users must make sure that Email Account option is selected In the Add New Account box.
- Users must type the email address and the password of the account to be added to Outlook 2010
If users want to Add the new account to their unsupported version of Outlook 2010, then following are the steps.
- Users must choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types in the Add New Account section.
- In the next step, users must select Internet E-mail.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings, users must enter the User information (name, email address etc) as well as the Login information (Username, password etc.)
- In the next step, users must click to select More Settings.
- Users must select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option after clicking on Outgoing server tab.
- Users must provide the Incoming server and Outgoing server information, after clicking on the Advanced Tab
- As a final step, users must click on OK for closing the Internet E-mail Settings box.
For online help visit:- http://www.iteraa.com/hotmail-customer-service